On the surface, investing in contact data looks expensive. Before you reject the idea, here are three reasons to consider investing in a product like ZoomInfo, and then we will look at a few considerations to help you evaluate whether or not it might be worth it for your business.
Add Value To Your CRM
Investing in contact data can help keep your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system up to date by providing accurate and current information about businesses and professionals. Here are a couple of ways contact data can assist in keeping your CRM up to date:
- Data Enrichment: Enrich your existing CRM data by appending and updating company and contact details. Any effective sales and marketing strategy can benefit from accurate information such as company names, addresses, phone numbers, industry classification, employee count, revenue estimates, and executive contacts.
- Contact and Account Scoring: Scoring capabilities to assess the quality and relevance of leads, prospects, and clients within your CRM also adds value. Analyzing various data points, such as job titles, industry, company size, and technology usage, can help prioritize and segment your CRM data, ensuring you focus on the most valuable prospects and customers.
Know When Your Prospects Are Seeking Your Help
Intent data refers to information about a prospect’s online activities and behaviors, indicating their interest or intent to purchase. You can configure your application to tell you when contacts that meet your Ideal Client Profile are Googling for things you can help them with.
Target The Right Contacts
Nothing is more frustrating than investing your energy in pursuing a prospect that has moved on from their position. Even worse, having incorrect contact data for customers and clients affects retention, client satisfaction, and the productivity of sales, marketing, and operations.
Time To Reconsider?
Your people, technology, and processes are significant assets to your organization. Here are a few things to consider before you put the kibosh on investment in contact data:
- How much have you invested in your CRM and other technologies with contact data?
- How much more effective would your team be if you took away all of the time they spend on activities aimed at the wrong contacts?
- What is the lifetime value of an Ideal Client to your business?
If you weigh these considerations, investing in a product liKe ZoomInfo seems like a slam dunk!