Marketing agencies help you execute a plan. Or, in the absence of a plan, they create pretty things for you like websites, videos, and brochures. Most of the time, this doesn’t have much to do with your sales team or your company goals.
Convergo helps you create the plan that integrates marketing and sales to drive revenue growth. Then, we coach your team to execute it inside your EOS meeting cadence.
It’s kind of like the last time that I made a decision to join a gym. I knew I had to make a decision because my gym membership at the time was expiring and working out is a key part of my life.
There were many different options to consider. Some gyms have more cardio equipment, others have more classes or free weights. Some are closer to me than others. Although there are a lot of differentiators, comparing traditional gyms is basically an apples-to-apples comparison.
Another option that surfaced was to join a Comprehensive Health Club. In addition to having all of the different amenities that the different gyms offered, health consulting was also included. In addition to weights and cardio equipment, the Comprehensive Health Club offered wellness counseling which included things like nutrition and holistic health. When I compared it to the other gyms, this was clearly NOT an apples-to-apples comparison.
Many businesses in the B2B space contemplate their investment in marketing similarly to the initial road I went down to join a gym for one of two primary reasons:
- They know they need to make some sort of investment in marketing. Many times, they don’t know who or what they want, but they know they need to invest.
- They are frustrated with their current marketing agency because they are not providing them with enough leads. They struggle to justify their investment in the agency given the complicated metrics that the agency provides for them because they are not tied to the goals of the company.
The decision to invest in a marketing agency is similar to my initial decision to join a gym. What I want is to live a long, healthy, enjoyable life. Similarly, the end goal with making an investment in marketing is to have healthy and sustainable revenue growth.
When they get to know what we do at Convergo in contrast to a marketing agency, they quickly realize that they are looking at an apples-to-oranges decision. At Convergo, we approach things very differently than marketing agencies do. Four primary differences in our approach are:
- A Strategic Approach: We are metric-driven and start with the revenue goals of the organization
- The Lens of the Ideal Client Experience: We look at the entire client experience, not just the top of the funnel.
- Sales Integration: We believe marketing and sales should be aligned and working together.
- Sales and Marketing Processes: We implement documented sales and marketing processes, creating infrastructure inside your business to support long-term revenue growth.
We detail each of these 4 differentiators in this blog series.